The publishing world:
Ready for these new releases?:
And one adorable cover reveal:
In other news:
- E.L. James is releasing a new novel: ‘Darker‘. Surprisingly enough, it’s ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ from Christian Grey’s perspective. Sigh.
- Gerard Way‘s Young Animal imprint is crossing over into DC’s ‘Milk Wars’.
The music industry:
A couple of pop-punk new releases:
Here’s some new music:
Don Broco tried to convince their fans to ‘Stay Ignorant’:
With Confidence got emotional with ‘Waterfall’:
The Front Bottoms threw up a peace sign:
While Marilyn Manson teamed up with Johnny Depp for the video for ‘SAY10’:
Also out this week, new releases from Pierce the Veil, Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties, HalfNoise, Fickle Friends, Best Ex, Hey Violet, Cane Hill, Wolf Parade, Like Moths to Flames and Walk the Moon while Of Mice and Men released an ‘Unbreakable’ documentary.
A couple of album announcements:
- The Transplants are dropping a new EP, ‘Take Cover’, is due out on October 13th.
- Nothing, Nowhere‘s next album, ‘Reaper’, is dropping on October 20th.
- Kenneth Aaron Harris – better known as one of Panic! at the Disco’s touring members – is releasing a solo EP on November 10th.
- Marmozets third album, ‘Knowing What You Know Now’, is hitting the shelves on January 26th.
Some tour announcements:
- At the end of October, You Blew It are playing their final shows (for the foreseeable future).
- During November and December, Broadside are headlining shows across the US.
- The Flatliners and A Wilheim Scream are teaming up to play four Canadian dates in December. Both bands will be performing albums in full.
- Moose Blood are headlining shows across the UK in March, with support from The Dangerous Summer.
- In March, Thursday are playing four shows in Australia. Support comes from Quicksand.
- Foo Fighters are playing three English stadium dates in June.
And other news:
- The members of Decapitated were formally charged with rape, and bail was set.
- Tom DeLonge announced that he’s launching an Academy of Arts and Science.
- Oh, Weatherly signed to Hopeless Records.
- Linkin Park shared their episode of ‘Carpool Karaoke’, recorded prior to vocalist Chester Bennington’s death.
- Against the Current postponed their Latin American tour…
- …and Punk in Drublic festival was postponed, too.
- Hollywood Undead released a statement regarding the departure of Da Kurlzz…
- …while As It Is vaguely discussed the departure of guitarist Andy Westhead.
- Oli Sykes and Jordan Fish of Bring Me The Horizon began climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Neck Deep announced that Creeper would be supporting them on their US tour…
- …a couple of days after their show in Nottingham was cancelled two songs in, following a fight with photography.
- Last, but certainly not least, the nominees for the 2017 American Music Awards were released.
I hope you enjoyed this installment of WTF Did I Miss This Week? See you next Sunday!