Writing this from my room in halls, I know I’ve missed some news this week because I’ve been so busy. It’s crazy that I started packing on Friday night and I’m now completely unpacked! Should probably brave the communal kitchen area soon, though…
The publishing industry:
I might be too busy to read, but there are still lots of new releases:
In other news:
- ‘The Silence Between Us’ by Alison Gervais, an #ownvoices novel with a deaf protagonist, sold. It’ll be published in summer 2019.
- Macmillan are publishing Muhammed Khan‘s ‘I Am Thunder’, a debut novel talking about radicalisation.
- CW are adapting Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa‘s recent ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ into an hour long drama.
- Meanwhile, Watchmen is coming to HBO.
- Finally, Katherine Locke revealed the title of the second book in the Balloonmakers series: ‘The Spy With the Red Balloon’.
The music industry:
Get a load of these new releases:
Lots of new music, as normal:
Macklemore teamed up with Kesha for the twenty one pilots inspired ‘Good Old Days’:
A Day To Remember have ‘Got This’:
The Maine have to know – ‘How Do You Feel?’:
And The Gospel Youth reminded everyone what it’s like to be ‘Kids’:
Also released this week, new music from Sleeping With Sirens, Echosmith, August Burns Red, Too Close To Touch, ROAM, Citizen, Walk the Moon, The Dirty Youth, Broadside, Frightened Rabbit, 7 Minutes in Heaven and Melanie Martinez. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani decided it was time to release a Christmas song (??? why) and Real Friends reimagined ‘Skeletons’ nd ‘Mokena’ for their “Something Old, Something New” sessions.
A lot of album announcements, too!:
- Chase Atlantic‘s self-titled debut album is dropping on October 6th.
- On October 20th, Kevin Devine is releasing ‘We Are Who We’ve Always Been’, a collection of reimagined and acoustic versions of songs from 2016’s ‘Instigator’.
- Asking Alexandria are releasing their first album since Danny Worsnop’s return on December 15th.
- The Xcerts are dropping their fourth album, ‘Hold On To Your Heart’, on January 18th.
- King of Partying, Andrew WK is releasing his next album in March 2018.
A few tour announcements:
- During November, Sonic Boom Six are headlining some shows across the UK.
- If you missed Courage My Love on their triumphant headline tour in June, you’ve got a second chance. The Canadian trio are returning to the UK and Europe in November and December, with support from Chapter and Verse.
- Throughout November and December, Trophy Eyes are headlining shows throughout North America. Support comes from Free Throw and Head North.
- The start of 2018 is looking bright: Seaway are touring across the UK and Europe!
- In February and March, At The Drive-In are headlining shows throughout the UK and Europe. Support comes from Death From Above and Le Butcherettes.
- South America are in for a treat in February and March: Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age are playing shows together!
- Meanwhile, All Time Low and Pierce the Veil are teaming up for UK arena shows in March. I’ve got my eye on that Alexandra Palace date…
In other news:
- Charles Bradley died at 68.
- Say Anything‘s Max Bemis and Sherri DuPris Bemis of Eisley are expecting their third child.
- Sexual assault allegations are circling He Is We frontwoman Rachel Taylor…
- …while Jo Capitalcide of Zex was also accused of sexual assault, leading to the band being dropped by their label.
- PVRIS have announced their UK tour supports: Coin and Tyne…
- …and Motionless in White revealed that Cane Hill and Ice Nine Kills are joining them on their January run.
- Limbs signed to Equal Vision Records.
- Andy Biersack announced his clothing line, Westtower Warrior.
- Are you a punk? If so, Frank Turner‘s Campfire Punkrock might be the holiday camp for you…
- The artists performing at Chester Bennington‘s tribute concert have been revealed.
- Following the recent earthquake in Mexico, One OK Rock were forced to cancel their headline show…
- …while Sleeping With Sirens released a statement explaining exactly why they had to cancel their show in Philadelphia.
- Lady Gaga postponed her upcoming European tour due to suffering with severe pain.
- Sadly, someone tried to kiss Alvvays singer Molly Rankin on stage during their show in Antwerp. This is NEVER appropriate, in case you struggled to understand that.