The publishing world:
A few more new releases:
While I could only find one cover reveal:
In other news:
- Lesley Livingston‘s ‘The Valiant’ is heading to the CW.
- The first cast announcement for Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett‘s ‘Good Omens’ is here. Michael Sheen and David Tennant are playing Aziraphale and Crowley, respectively.
- N.K. Jemisin‘s Hugo winning ‘The Fifth Season’ is being adapted for TV.
The music industry:
A few very exciting new releases:
Some great pieces of new music:
Aly & AJ are back!:
ROAM released ‘Playing Fiction’, the first single from their upcoming second album, ‘Great Heights & Nosedives’:
Neck Deep are ‘In Bloom’ thanks to new album ‘The Peace and the Panic’:
While The Maine‘s John O’Callaghan really needs to take a ‘Taxi’:
Also this week, new releases from The Movielife, Anti-Flag, We Ride, At The Drive In, Turnover, Stray From The Path, The Fever, Papa Roach, Silverstein, Casey, Cry Venom, Vicky T, Mutemath, Echosmith and Miley Cyrus.
Get a load of these tour announcements!:
- I Don’t Know How But They Found Me are playing a handful of shows in America in August.
- GWAR have announced ‘The Blood of the Gods’ tour, in support of their new album. Calling at venues across America, the extensive tour runs from September to December.
- Throughout September and October, Emarosa are headlining shows throughout America. Support comes from Jule Vera and A Lot Like birds.
- Ice Nine Kills are playing ‘Every Trick in the Book’ in full at shows across the US during September and October. Support comes from Capsize, Phantom and Lorna Shore.
- Brand New are headlining shows across the US in September and October, before heading to the UK for three dates in November.
- In October, Marmozets are headlining shows across the UK.
- Evanescence are bringing their reimagined ‘Synthesis’ songs to stages across the US from October to December.
- The Maine added four more November shows to the Modern Nostalgia tour.
- During November and December, Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties are embarking on a huge US tour. Support at all dates comes from Steady Hands and Chase Huglin, with Dryjacket, Shortly, Allison Weiss and Norwegian Arms appearing at select shows.
- The Menzingers are coming to the UK in January and February 2018, supported by Pup and Cayetana.
There were a couple of album announcements, too:
- Brand New announced their long-awaited fifth album, ‘Science Fiction’… Which they’ve since released. Oops.
- Weezer‘s new album, ‘Pacific Daylight’, is hitting the shelves on October 27th.
- Converge will release ‘The Dusk in Us’ on November 3rd…
- …the same date that Anti-Flag are dropping ‘American Fall’.
- Not an album, but Foo Fighters will release ‘Landmarks Live in Concert’ via PBS on November 10th. It was filmed at the Acropolis in Greece earlier in the year.
In other news:
- The oddest WTF news this week came from Belle and Sebastian, who left their drummer 500 miles away. In a Walmart. In his pyjamas. Nice move, fellas.
- Meanwhile, Queens of the Stone Age‘s new tracks were pressed to the b-side of Gordi‘s upcoming vinyl. Whoopsie!
- A Way With Words announced their split. Sad times 🙁
- Deadbolt Festival added a handful of bands to their line-up…
- …while Riot Fest revealed the line-ups for their late night shows.
- Hacktivist are supporting Korn at their Reading and Leeds warm-up show at the O2 Academy Brixton…
- …while Creeper are supporting All Time Low when they return to Europe later in the year.
- Dead Cross were detained by police, but have been advised by their legal team not to comment on the situation further. Intriguing…
- Real Friends merch tent was used by their grandparents for their church’s senior picnic. How sweet!
- MTV Unplugged is returning.
- Katy Perry postponed the Witness tour, but announced that support will come from Carly Rae Jepsen, Purity Ring and Noah Cyrus.
- The Eulogy signed with Bridge Nine Records.
- Spotify removed music by white supremacist bands from its streaming service.
- Tyler Carter from Issues now has his own fragrance brand!
- Code Orange performed at NXT: TakeOver, welcoming Aleister Black to the stage.
- Another huge WTF, and the last piece of news this week: Foo Fighters and Rick Astley performed together at Summer Sonic Festival in Japan.
That’s all for another WTF Did I Miss This Week. See you next weekend!