The publishing world:
A lot more new releases this week:
There were also a large number of cover reveals:
In other news:
- Samira Ahmed‘s debut, ‘Love, Hate & Other Filters’, is being published in the UK by Hot Key Books.
- Zoella revealed the new titles chosen for her book club. This time around, she’s collaborating with some author friends!
- HarperCollins are publishing two middle grade novels by Maurice Broaddus. ‘The Usual Suspects’, the first of the two, is being published next summer.
- Disney Hyperion are publishing ‘Hollow Crown’, the first novel in a duology by Zoraida Cordova, in summer 2019.
- ‘Nimona‘ the movie is being released on Valentine’s Day 2020.
- Evelyn Skye‘s ‘Circle of Shadows’, the first book in a ninja-inspired duology, is being released in fall 2019.
- Emma Mills is releasing two more novels. ‘Famous in a Small Town’ is set to be released in early 2019, while the second book will be out at some point in 2020.
- The Authors for Grenfell Tower auction ended Tuesday, and Philip Pullman raised over £30,000 of the total.
- Sadly, Michael Bond, the man who created Paddington, passed away this week.
The music world:
Quite a few new releases, including one that was only just announced…:
Ready for the new music? Well YouTube won’t let me embed everything, so here’s another list for ya!:
- Grayscale and Patty Walters have ‘Come Undone‘.
- Creeper are celebrating their ‘Misery‘.
- ‘I Dare You‘ to watch The XX‘s new video!
- Stand Atlantic want to go and get ‘Coffee at Midnight‘.
- Want a band who are ‘Loyal Like Sid & Nancy‘? Foster the People are the ones for you!
- SAINTE‘s ‘Eyes Are Open‘.
A heck of a lot more tour announcements:
- The Color Morale have announced headline shows throughout North America in July. Support comes from The Plot in You, Dayseeker and Picturesque.
- Uberyou are playing a handful of UK shows in July and August, with support from The Run Up.
- SAINTE – the new solo project of We Are The In Crowd’s Tay Jardine – are playing their debut shows in the UK in August.
- Ghouls are touring the UK in August and September, before heading to the US for three shows in October.
- Foo Fighters announced a one-off UK show in September. They’re playing the O2 Arena… and it’s already sold out. Sorry about that.
- Skywalker are headlining shows across the UK in September. Support comes from Coast to Coast.
- Danzig are playing a handful of headline shows in America in September.
- PUP are playing three shows on the West Coast of American in September.
- Pinegrove have announced an American headline tour, running through September and October.
- The Devil Wears Prada will be playing shows across America from September to November. Support comes from Veil of Maya and Thousand Below.
- Paramore have announced a one-off show in Mexico in October, with support from PVRIS.
- Green Day and The Interrupters are touring together again in November, playing shows in South America.
- Dinosaur Pile-Up are touring the UK in November, playing a series of intimate venues.
- Nothing But Thieves are playing shows across the UK in November, with support from July Talk and Darlia.
- Ed Sheeran has announced a huge UK and European tour. He’s playing more stadiums than you can count from May to August 2018.
In other news:
- Chad Gilbert and Hayley Williams announced their split. I wish them both happiness in the future.
- Culture Abuse signed with Epitaph Records…
- …and Camp Cope have signed to Run For Cover.
- Dayshell‘s bassist, Jordan Wooley, has left the band…
- …while Bullet For My Valentine have admitted they don’t know when drummer Moose will return.
- Blood Youth are supporting Blessthefall on their UK tour in October.
- Neck Deep have announced the supports for their European and UK headline tour: As It Is, Real Friends and Woes are playing in the UK, while Blood Youth replace Woes in Europe. Busy week for those boys!
- Creeper also announced the supports for their UK tour. They’ll be joined by Microwave, Can’t Swim and Nervus.
- The Dickies frontman went on a misogynistic rant at Warped tour, which he attempted to justify. Douchebags.
- Andrew McMahon now has his own hot sauce. Because… Why not?
- Previously unseen artwork by Nirvana‘s Kurt Cobain is being displayed at the Seattle Art Fair.
- The Warped Cruise line-up has grown, now including Hawthorne Heights and Lit…
- …while Karoondinha festival – scheduled to take place at the end of the month – was cancelled.
- Smash Mouth have gotten involved in more Twitter beef, this time with twenty one pilots‘ fans. Certainly one way to seem relevant…
- …while the feud between Chad Kroeger and Corey Taylor continued. Why can’t we all just be friends?!
- Tyler Carter of Issues has teamed up with SYKE to promote a tobacco-free music scene.
- Bob Bryar, ex-My Chemical Romance drummer, has reappeared on social media after a two-year absence.
- David Wood left Terror, and Cruel Hand‘s Chris Linkovich replaced him.
- The Juliana Theory cancelled their 20th anniversary tour, because they’ve decided to reunite on a more permanent basis…
- …while Adele had to cancel two shows at Wembley Stadium after damaging her vocal cords.
- Pierce the Veil are releasing a limited edition 10-year anniversary vinyl of debut album ‘A Flair For the Dramatics’.
- Sect – the side project of Andy Hurley from Fall Out Boy – are recording a new album…
- …while Fall Out Boy‘s vocalist, Patrick Stump, is becoming a gnome. Of course.
- Ex-Cute is What We Aim For bassist, Fred Cimato, and current drummer Tom Falcone have teamed up to launch their new project, Mason-Jar.
- The Word Alive‘s Tyler “Telle” Smith has been teasing his solo EP…
- …while The All-American Rejects have been teasing their return with a trailer for new song, ‘Sweat’.
- My American Heart may be reuniting.
- Last, but certainly not least, there was more bus-related excitement this week. No one crashed their van, but Hundredth and Being As An Ocean‘s tour bus caught on fire!
That’s all for this week: see you next week for more WTF news!