If you need to catch up on what happened last week, check out WTF Did I Miss This Week? #32 here.
The publishing world:
The music world:
Some highly anticipated new releases made their way into the world:
If you’re considering purchasing one of the new releases, please consider using my Amazon Affiliate links to buy Linkin Park‘s ‘One More Light’, Papa Roach‘s ‘Crooked Teeth’, The Kooks ‘The Best Of… So Far’, Tigers Jaw‘s ‘Spin’ (on imported turquoise vinyl), or the deluxe reissue of blink-182‘s ‘California’.
This week was a great one for new music, too:
I’m broke thanks to all of these tour announcements:
- The Maine are going to Brazil in July.
- Blessthefall have finally announced a UK tour. They’ll be returning to our shores in September and October.
- Between the Buried and Me are celebrating the ten-year anniversary of ‘Colors’ by playing it in full across North America throughout September and October.
- PVRIS are returning to the UK and Europe for an extensive November tour.
- Royal Blood will be playing arenas across the UK in November, including a huge show at London’s Alexandra Palace.
- Marilyn Manson is headlining a handful of shows in the UK in December.
Are you excited about any of this week’s album announcements?:
- Katy Perry‘s finally releasing her next album, ‘Witness’, on June 9th. Check out the… interesting artwork here.
- Jule Vera‘s debut album, ‘Waiting For The Sun, is being released on June 16th.
- Silverstein announced their next album, ‘Dead Reflection’, will be released on July 14th…
- …the same date that The Pains of Being Pure at Heart release their fourth album, ‘The Echo of Pleasure’.
- Thy Art Is Murder will be releasing their fourth album, ‘Dear Desolation’, at some point later in the year. It’s the first since the return of vocalist C.J. McMahon.
In other news:
- This week, the rock world lost one of the greats. Chris Cornell, vocalist of Soundgarden and Audioslave, committed suicide on Wednesday. RIP.
- Two bands announced their break-ups: Evarose and Breathe in the Silence.
- Ashland have signed to InVogue Records…
- …and For The Win have been signed by Victory Records.
- Lorde unveiled the tracklist of upcoming sophomore album, ‘Melodrama’.
- Paramore revealed that Bleached will be supporting them at their shows across the UK and Europe…
- …while Can’t Swim are heading out with New Found Glory on their US dates.
- Julia Pierce, ex-vocalist of Cherri Bomb, unveiled her new pop project, PYRCE.
- More developments in the PWR BTTM situation: Ben and Liv both posted statements on the band’s Facebook page, but that hasn’t stopped their music being removed from both iTunes and Amazon. It’s been reported that the band have cancelled all upcoming tour dates, too, but this has yet to be officially confirmed. They have been officially removed from the Reading and Leeds line-up, though.
- Talking of festival line-ups, there were festival announcements from Bloodstock, Rock Allegiance and 2000 Trees.
- Who The Heck Crashed Their Van This Week? Mushroomhead!
- Seaway have been robbed… for the sixth time. Awkward. You can help them out by buying a shirt here (or be Fred Armisen, and gift them a drum kit!).
- Asking Alexandria have been announced as Rock Sound’s next cover stars.
I hope you enjoyed the new look WTF Did I Miss This Week?. I’m going to be upgrading the older installments over the next few weeks, so soon they’ll all look as snazzy as this!