The publishing world:
I can’t believe there are still more new releases coming. Stop, I need a chance to catch up on the ones that have already come out!:
There were two beautiful cover reveals, which brought tears to my eyes:
I’m so excited to read both of these books.
In other news:
- The shortlist for the 2017 Branford Boase Award was released…
- …while the winners of the Nibbies (The British Book Awards, if you want their official title) were announced!
- Marieke Nijkamp is editing an anthology! It’s going to feature a bunch of #ownvoices disabled authors and will be released in 2018.
- Andy Weir‘s next novel, ‘Artemis’, is being released in November.
- Patrick Ness revealed that the Chaos Walking movie is officially happening. Shooting starts this summer, which gives me plenty of time to actually read the trilogy…
- Rae Earl has announced her next project: she’s releasing a YA non-fiction title called ‘It’s All In Your Head’ on the 10th of August.
- There have been two huge YALC announcements in the past week, and it’s not over yet: another batch of authors are being announced on Tuesday.
The music world:
It was a huge week for new releases:
It was a huge week for new releases:
After the excitement of last week, the new music isn’t stopping:
Milk Teeth releasing ‘Owning Your Okayness’, their first single on Roadrunner Records:
Jenna McDougall of Tonight Alive teamed up with Australian rapper Illy for ‘Oh My’:
I Prevail want you to ‘Come and Get It’:
Miley Cyrus really loves living in ‘Malibu’:
Courage My Love ‘Need Someone’ to watch their new video:
There were also new releases from MGK, Papa Roach, blink-182, Katy Perry, Linkin Park, Hundredth, Miss May I, Broadside, Fleet Foxes, k.flay, Louise Distras, Bleachers, Obey The Brave, Greywind, Eighteen Visions, Tigers Jaw, Third Eye Blind, and HAIM, while Patent Pending covered ‘Livin’ La Vida Loca’, The Summer Set’s Brian Logan Dales released his first solo song under the name DALES, and The Maine released a live version of ‘Raining in Paris’.
Can I get a WHAT WHAT for these amazing tour announcements?:
- For the love of nostalgia, Dashboard Confessional and The All-American Rejects have announced a co-headline tour! With dates running from July to August, there’s plenty of opportunity to catch these two. Support comes from The Maine and Social Animals.
- This Wild Life have announced an extensive headline tour throughout July and August, playing across North America and Canada.
- As well as signing to Roadrunner Records and announcing their new EP, ‘Be Nice’, Milk Teeth also treated us to tour dates this week. They’re headlining shows across the UK during July and August, following their appearances at Slam Dunk and 2000 Trees.
- Trivium are headlining shows across Europe in August. Support comes from Obituary and Bury Tomorrow.
- With Confidence are playing shows in their home country of Australia in August, and they’re taking Seaway and WSTR along for the ride.
- Korn have announced a UK warm-up show for Reading and Leeds festival. They’re headlining Brixton O2 Academy on August 23rd.
- The Who and Guns n’ Roses are playing some shows together in South America at the end of the year. It looks like more information is still to come…
- Rise Against are headlining shows across North America in September and October. Support comes from Pierce the Veil and White Lung.
- Against Me are playing across North America during September and October. Support comes from Bleached and The Dirty Nil.
- Waterparks have announced their first UK headline tour. They’re returning to our shores in September, and playing two headline shows in Germany at the start of October.
- Things are getting heavy in November: Counterparts will be touring the UK with Polar and Napoleon.
The album announcements just aren’t stopping:
- Evanescence have announced their first album in six years, but ‘Synthesis’ will only feature two new songs.
- Having been a band for four years, Fort Hope are finally releasing their debut album, ‘The Flood Flowers: Volume 1’, on June 16th.
- Imagine Dragons are releasing their third album, ‘Evolve’, on June 23rd…
- …the same date that The White Noise are releasing their debut album, ‘AM/PM’…
- …and Captain We’re Sinking‘s ‘The King of No Man’ comes out, too.
- 88 Finger Louie are releasing their first album in over 19 years – ‘Thank You For Being a Friend’ – on June 30th…
- …which also heralds the release of the new Calvin Harris album, ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol 1.’
- Sheer Mag‘s new album, ‘Need To Feel Your Love’, is arriving on July 10th.
- In This Moment‘s ‘Ritual’ is hitting the shelves on July 21st.
- Die Antwoord are releasing ‘The Book of Zef’ in September, and it might signal the end of the band.
In other news:
- Linkin Park announced that Snoop Dogg will be opening their October shows. Just me that’s thinking this is a weird mix?
- Meanwhile, vocalist Chester Bennington told fans to “move the fuck on” from ‘Hybrid Theory’, and Slipknot/Stone Sour’s Corey Taylor admonished him. Beef?
- Korn had to cancel their appearance at Pointfest after Jonathan Davis was ordered by doctors to go on vocal rest…
- …while Avenged Sevenfold dropped out of supporting Metallica so guitarist Synyster Gates’ could get home for the birth of his first child. Bloody good excuse, and they’ve already announced the rescheduled date!
- Another cause for celebration: Issues‘ bassist, Skyler Acord, got married!
- After five years, Chasing Cadence have called it a day. They’re playing their final shows throughout May and July, with their last performance happening on August 11th at The Black Heart in Camden: ticket information is being released soon.
- Sexual assault allegations have surfaced regarding Ben from PWR BTTM. It’s likely that this story will develop further…
- …as will the saga surrounding Pentagram, whose vocalist Bobby Liebling appears to have been fired after being arrested for assault. Oopsies.
- It’s been a big week for Paramore: they’ve announced that Parahoy! will be setting sail in 2018, and have settled their lawsuit with ex-bassist Jeremy Davis.
- Taking Back Sunday are taking their fans to Jamaica for their first ever ‘destination event’. Their Island Adventure Fun Time Jamboree runs from January 4th to January 8th 2018.
- All of the members of My Chemical Romance hung out, and the world exploded.
- The Offspring‘s frontman, Dexter Holland, casually got a PhD in molecular biology, because why not?
- Tyler Joseph of twenty one pilots uses his time off to perform his own songs at karaoke bars. Of course!
- The last three bands have been added to Slam Dunk Festival.
- Rock Sound were named International Publication of the Year. They deserve it.