A lot happened last week: two of my closest friends now have a baby, so I was catsitting for them while they were in the hospital, and it was my 21st birthday. That means some of this news might have occurred slightly before the 24th of April – there wasn’t much time for editing before I posted it!
Just the one cover reveal this week:
In other news:
- Tahereh Mafi will be releasing another three books in the Shatter Me series. ‘Restore Me’ will hit the shelves on March 6th, and will pick up two weeks after the original trilogy ended.
- Daniel José Older‘s ‘Shadowshaper’ has been optioned.
- Rick Riordan now has his own imprint with Disney-Hyperion.
- Robert M. Pirsig, author of ‘Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance’, died at 88.
- The winners of the 2017 Edgar Awards have been announced.
I could only find one new release:
Of course, there were even more tour announcements:
- Can’t Swim are heading out with Souvenirs and Young and Heartless for some East Coast shows in June.
- In This Moment will be touring America from June to August.
- Moose Blood are headlining shows across America throughout July and August.
- Paul McCartney has announced American dates in July, September and October.
- As well as announcing their new album and releasing a new track, Fall Out Boy have unveiled tour dates across America throughout October and November.
- To celebrate the tenth anniversary of their debut album, Scouting For Girls are playing it in full at venues across the UK during November and December.
- In Hearts Wake are releasing their fourth album, ‘Ark’, on May 26th.
- The One Hundred‘s debut album, ‘Chaos + Bliss’, will be hitting the shelves on June 2nd.
- Hundreth‘s ‘Rare’ will be out via Hopeless Records on June 16th…
- …while Broadside‘s ‘Paradise’ will be released on the same date via Victory Records. Better start saving your pennies!
- Haim have finally announced their next album: ‘Something To Tell You’ will be out on July 7th.
- Bullet For My Valentine have teamed up with Pledgemusic to release ‘Live From Brixton: Chapter Two’. Expected release date is July 28th, but this may change.
- Wage War‘s second album, ‘Deadweight’, will be released on August 4th.
- Fall Out Boy will be releasing their seventh album, ‘Mania’, on September 15th.
- There were two big break-ups this week: sadly both letlive. and Vanna have called it a day.
- You Me At Six have done acoustic sessions for both Live at Spotify and Kerrang! Radio.
- Oli Sykes appeared on stage with While She Sleeps to perform their recent collaboration ‘Silence Speaks’.
- More festival announcements: this time there were additions to The Fest 16, Sundown, Vital and Life Is Beautiful.
- Talking of festivals, you can’t have missed the shit storm surrounding Fyre Festival.
- Korn will be rescheduling the majority of their May tour dates due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Halsey has unveiled the tracklisting for recently announced sophomore album, ‘hopeless fountain kingdom’.
- PVRIS have taken teasing their second album to the next level, with this promotional clip:
- The nominees for this year’s Alt Press Music Awards are out. Vote vote vote!
- Plain White T’s have returned to Fearless Records.
- The stage times for Slam Dunk festival have been released, while Bury Tomorrow were announced as special guests on the main stage. The festival also has the cover of the new issue of Rock Sound magazine: