The publishing world:
Will the new releases ever stop? I don’t have enough time to read them all!:
Some of the most beautiful cover reveals I’ve ever seen:
In other news:
- Macmillan Children’s Books will be publishing Tomi Adeyemi‘s YA fantasy trilogy, Children of Blood and Bone, in 2018.
- Maggie Stiefvater‘s Raven Cycle is being made into a TV show. More updates on this will follow…
- The third book in Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff‘s Illuminae files will be called Obsidio.
- The 2017 Pulitzer Prize winners were announced.
I couldn’t find any new releases after the amount that came out last week, but there was some lovely new music, including:
Royal Blood came back with a bang when they turned the ‘Lights Out’:
The Kooks want you to ‘Be Who You Are’:
A live video for All Time Low‘s ‘Dirty Laundry’, filmed at their show at the Eventim Apollo (which I reviewed!):
And Yellowcard released their last music video ever:
Also this week, there were new releases from Linkin Park, New Found Glory, Seether, Iggy Pop, Have Mercy, Seaway, Counterfeit, Columbus, Basement, Tigers Jaw, Miss May I, MGK, Sleep On It, Fitness and Pale Waves, while The Maine released an acoustic version of ‘black butterflies & deja vu’, Hey Violet released an alternate version of ‘Break My Heart’, and the first song from The Night Game – the new project of Boys Like Girls’ vocalist Martin Johnson – was unleashed on Spotify.
Not as many tour announcements as usual:
- All Time Low are playing three Japanese dates at the end of May, with support from Waterparks (who will be headlining a show while they’re over there!).
- There’s going to be a Warped Tour Mexico! The one-off date features a whole host of bands, including Good Charlotte, Never Shout Never, Echosmith and Mayday Parade, and is being held on May 27th.
- King 810 are playing a series shows across America in June. Described as “limited engagement”, is that because so few people actually engage with these guys?
- Parkway Drive have announced their only US shows of 2017, which will be played throughout June with support from The Word Alive and Wage War.
- Joyce Manor and Martha have announced co-headline dates across the UK in July.
- The Rocket Summer is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of ‘Do You Feel?’ by playing shows across America in July and August. I hope this comes to the UK later in the year!
- Lynn Gunn of PVRIS responded to criticism of their VIP package prices.
- Brendon Urie is heading to Broadway in ‘Kinky Boots’.
- Waterparks‘ Awsten Knight successfully sold his leg hair after an epic battle with eBay. Congratulations to the lucky buyer?
- We The Kings frontman Travis Clark is going to be a dad for the second time. Now THIS deserves a congratulations!
- MxPx are releasing a beer to celebrate their 25th anniversary, because why the heck not.
- The nominations for the 2017 Billboard Awards have been announced.
- Five Finger Death Punch are suing their record label, Prospect Park.
- Color Film – one of Daryl Palumbo’s many projects – have been signed to Epitaph. The duo will be releasing their debut album, ‘Living Arrangements’ on June 19th.
- Ben and Joe Lionetti, the co-founders of Emmure, have unveiled their new project – Lakeshore.
- Trash Boat were robbed this week. I hate the fact that this is becoming a regular occurrence.
- Grayscale announced their first release on Fearless Records, ‘Adornment’, which will be released on May 5th…
- …while Bleachers will be releasing their second album, ‘Gone Now’, on June 2nd.
- All Time Low have teamed up with Amazon to sell exclusive signed copies of their upcoming album, ‘Last Young Renegade’. Get your copy here!
- The only festival announcement this week was from 2000 Trees, who announced a special fan-voted set by Deaf Havana…
- …oh, and from Babymetal, who announced their own festival which includes a ridiculous amount of restrictions that I can’t completely understand. Why would you have elementary school children and the over-60s confined to the same show? *shudders*
- The New Low are now part of the Reclaim Music Group...
- …while Envy on the Coast have been signed by Equal Vision. Hurrah!
- Last but certainly not least, things are happening in camp Paramore. Is their new album going to be called ‘Hindsight’?