The publishing world:
Ready to see some more new releases? Okay then:
An couple of gorgeous cover reveals:
In other news:
- Usborne announced the Rose Muddle Mysteries, a new series coming from debut author Imogen White.
- The YA Book Prize revealed the shortlist for this year’s prize. See my thoughts on the books chosen here!
- Claire McFall won the Scottish Teen Book Prize for ‘Black Cairn Point’…
- …and revealed that ‘Ferryman’ has a film deal in China.
- The Obamas signed the biggest presidential book deal in history, earning them a $65million advance.
Again, I could only find one new release this week, but it was a big one:
Dance Gavin Dance decided to ‘Inspire The Liars’:
Sainte‘s second video, ‘With or Without Me’, is just as colourful as their first:
Like Pacific released a video for ’22A’:
New Zealand’s darling, Lorde, is back:
Mallory Knox want to be rock music’s ‘Saviour’:
Also this week, Coldplay released ‘Hypnotised’ to announce their ‘Kaleidoscope’ EP (out 2nd of June), Hollerado released a lyric video for ‘Grief Money’, MGK teamed up with Little Mix for a new version of ‘No More Sad Songs’, The Amity Affliction brought the heavy with ‘Fight My Regret’, and Motionless In White turned it up ‘LOUD’.
Tour announcement time:
- Nothing More are touring America in April and May.
- Pierce the Veil and Sum 41 are co-headlining the We Will Detonate tour across America in April and May. Support at these shows comes from Emarosa and Chapel, and darn I wish I could go.
- Soundgarden will be playing shows across America throughout May, following a slew of festival appearances.
- Good Charlotte are touring with Less Than Jake and Crown The Empire in May.
- Madina Lake extended their UK reunion tour, adding dates at the beginning of June.
- Natives are finally playing headline shows, having announced an extensive UK tour during May and June.
- Seether have announced a sprawling American tour running from May to August in support of their upcoming album.
- Minus The Bear are touring the UK and Europe in June.
- If you’re a fan of heavier music, this is the perfect tour for you: Slayer and Lamb of God are playing shows across America in July and August, supported by Behemoth.
In other news:
- Deadset Dream have signed a management deal with AJM…
- …while Avril Lavigne signed to BMG.
- The spate of gear robberies continued, this time hitting With Confidence and Milestones.
- John Feldmann talked about how to write a pop-punk hit.
- Marcus Bridge from Northlane covered ‘Holy’ by PVRIS.
- Sleep On It were added as opening band on As It Is’ US tour…
- …while Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes announced the support for their sold-out UK tour: Strange Bones, Fangclub and Yonaka.
- Courage My Love will be releasing their new album, ‘Synaethesia’, in the UK and Europe on May 19th.
- Ash Costello of New Year’s Day broke her foot, so the band had to pull out of their current tour…
- …while Slaves officially confirmed the postponement of their upcoming UK and European dates, following Jonny Craig’s surgery last week.
- Tom DeLonge has been named UFO Researcher of the Year.
- Avenged Sevenfold have launched an official fan club.
- Front Porch Step has released the details of his second album, ‘I Never Loved Before I Found You’, which will be released on March 31st…
- …while Have Mercy have also announced the details of their new album, ‘Make The Best of It’, which will be released on April 21st…
- …and Stone Sour will be releasing ‘Hydrograd’ in June.
- More festival announcements: Lady Gaga has been announced as Beyonce’s replacement at Coachella, and there were line-up additions for Isle of Wight, Latitude, Wilderness, Greenfield, Roskilde, Bloodstock, ArcTangent and Impericon.