(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)
Debut novels are my favourites. You have no preconceived notions of what to expect, which means you can’t really be disappointed: it’s much likelier that you’ll find a debut author you love than one that you absolutely hate. Some of my favourite reads of 2016 were debut novels, and I think it’s going to be the same situation this year too.
These ten are just a handful of the debuts that I’m excited about: I’m going to be picking up a lot more than just these!
10) ‘When Dimple Met Rishi’ by Sandhya Menon
9) ‘Frostblood’ by Elly Blake
I don’t know too much about ‘Frostblood’, except for its warring Frostblood/Fireblood ARC covers. I’ve been trying to read more fantasy, and this sounds like that can help me achieve that: hopefully it’ll be as good as I’m anticipating!
8) ‘Caraval’ by Stephanie Garber
7) ‘A Girl Called Owl’ by Amy Wilson
6) ‘If Birds Fly Back’ by Carlie Sorosiak
5) ‘A Shiver of Snow and Sky’ by Lisa Lueddecke
|Photo credit to @scholasticuk’s Twitter|
‘A Shiver of Snow and Sky’ is the first installment of a new series, and since hearing about it back in October I’ve been dying to get my hands on it. The proofs are so beautiful, but I bet they aren’t as pretty as the words contained within them.
4) ‘The Love Interest’ by Cale Dietrich
3) ‘The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett’ by Chelsea Sedoti
2) ‘The Hate U Give’ by Angie Thomas
1) ‘You Don’t Know Me But I Know You’ by Rebecca Barrow
I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday, and that I’ve managed to introduce you to some debuts you haven’t previously heard about. Are there any debuts that didn’t make this list that you think I should have featured?