HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This is the first WTF Did I Miss This Week? of 2017, so buckle up and dive right in…
The publishing world:
Compared to how quiet last week was, this week had a bunch of exciting new releases:
- Milo Yiannopoulos, controversial douchebag, will be publishing his first book on a Simon and Schuster imprint after getting a £200,000 deal.
- Richard Adams, author of ‘Watership Down’, passed away on Christmas Eve.
I still couldn’t find any new releases – let me know if any exciting albums have been released in the past couple of weeks, because I might have missed them!
There wasn’t much new music either – looks like everyone had a week off for the holidays! – but Ed Sheeran has announced that he’s releasing something special on Friday, so there will be exciting things to feature next week.
You can also phone the number below (UK and US only) to hear a snippet of the new You Me At Six song, ‘Brand New’. I don’t know how long this is going to be available, so don’t sleep on it!
In other news:
- George Michael‘s death was announced on Christmas Day.
- Suicide Silence finally announced the full details of their new – and self-titled – album.
- The full results of the Rock Sound Readers’ Poll were revealed.
- Austin Carlile announced that he’s leaving Of Mice and Men due to his on-going health condition.