Hello everyone! I hope you all had wonderful Christmases, got everything you wanted and ate your own body weight in roast dinners, chocolates and biscuits.
Rachel from #SundayYA (@_sectumsemprah) has organised a little read-a-thon to keep everyone turning pages over the holidays, and I’ve decided to participate. Things are quite crazy with work, and out of the four days I’m working full days on ALL of them… It might mean that I can’t get anything finished, but I’m going to try!
- Read a Christmas novel: I’m going to try to read Jay Asher’s ‘What Light’, because I’ve heard lots of good things about this new release. I haven’t read any of Jay’s other novels, so this will be a nice place to start.
- Read a novella: ‘Unboxed’ by Non Pratt. No question.
- Read a short story collection: This has to be ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’! For every copy sold, £1 was donated to Crisis – it’s such a good cause, so I ran out and bought my copy the day it was released.
- Read a new book: Okay, I’m going to cheat on this one. I’m going to finish a new book, because I’ve been slowly chugging my way through ‘The Fate of the Tearling’ and I want to get it finished already!
- Read a book from your TBR: Well, all of the above books are on my TBR, so if worst comes to worst at least I’ll finish this challenge in conjunction with one of the others. Ideally I’d like to read ‘The Dry’ by Jane Harper (not YA, but I’m excited about it!) or ‘A Quiet Kind of Thunder’ by Sara Barnard.