(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)
The start of a new year always comes with a lot of terrible things: a false promise to give up chocolate, awkward dinner conversations with your distant relatives, the ceremonial dismantling of the Christmas tree that’s been brightening up your living room for the best part of a month.
But the arrival of a new year also brings lots for you to get excited about.
Soon enough it’ll be time for summer again – a season that’s brilliant for reading outside without risking your books getting rained on and getting awkward tan lines from where you’ve been resting your tomes. The reading challenges that you failed so remarkably this year (sorry, series challenge!) will be tackled again with vigour and – of course – there’ll be so many books released in the next calendar year that your TBR will explode once and for all.
These ten books are all coming out in the first six months of 2017, and I’m equally excited for all of them. If you want more information about the books, click on their titles: I’m linking in all of their Goodreads pages for your perusal.
10) ‘Carve The Mark‘ by Veronica Roth – January 17th
This was my MOST anticipated release of 2017 until a couple of weeks ago, but since then there has been a lot of uproar surrounding the book and claims that it’s filled with racism. I still want to read it for myself to make my own mind up – particularly because I’m so excited to see how Veronica’s writing has changed in the years since ‘Allegiant’ wrapped up the Divergent trilogy – but I’m a little worried about this one now.
9) ‘Always and Forever, Lara Jean‘ by Jenny Han – April 4th
8) ‘Strange The Dreamer‘ by Laini Taylor – March 28th
7) ‘The Upside of Unrequited‘ by Becky Albertalli – April 11th
6) ‘We Come Apart‘ by Sarah Crossan and Brian Conaghan – February 9th
5) ‘Windfall‘ by Jennifer E. Smith – May 2nd
4) ‘Our Own Private Universe‘ by Robin Talley – January 31st
3) ‘The Hate U Give‘ by Angie Thomas – February 28th
2) ‘The Love Interest‘ by Cale Dietrich – May 16th
1) ‘A Quiet Kind of Thunder‘ by Sara Barnard – January 12th