The YA world:
Quite a few pretty new releases this week:
In other news:
- Leigh Bardugo got a hefty pay check for her next two novels. ‘Ninth House’ tells the story of the secret societies on Yale’s campus.
- Talking of Leigh Bardugo, the Worlds Collide tour featuring Leigh and Rainbow Rowell started on Tuesday, trending on Twitter for much of the night.
- The winner of the Man Booker Prize 2016 is… Paul Beatty!
The music world:
In fact, the new Avenged Sevenfold album wasn’t announced prior to release: it was dropped without any promotion on Friday.
Three more new bands have been announced:
- Sumner Roots, rising from the ashes of Framing Hanley, announced their first show in January.
- Nothing Left, the new venture from ex-members of For Today, released their first song.
- Another side project from Chiodos frontman Craig Owens, badXchannels, which came with a new song and a November/December US tour announcement.
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes released a video for ‘Lullaby’:
Here’s Danny Worsnop making his triumphant live return to Asking Alexandria!
Alvarez Kings released ‘Cold Conscience’ and announced that their debut album ‘Somewhere Between’ will be out early next year.
There’s also a new Lower Than Atlantis song, ‘Dumb’, premiering on Daniel P Carter’s Radio 1 Rock Show tonight. There’s also a big announcement – album news, perhaps?
- The line-up for Not So Silent Night, a two-night extravaganza in California in December, which will be headlined by both blink-182 and Green Day.
- The Hotelier announced a very short UK run in January.
- Seaway are returning to UK shores in January and February, supported by WSTR and The Gospel Youth.
- Tegan and Sara touring the UK and Ireland in February.
- Headline shows from Foxing in March.
- The Pigeon Detectives playing a longer run of shows in March following their recent sold out tour.
- You Me At Six are playing huge shows in April – you don’t want to miss that Alexandra Palace show!
- Deftones playing a huge arena tour in May.
- The first wave of bands announced for Austria’s Nova Rock festival.
- Bands continue to be unlucky with vans. This week Knuckle Puck wrote off their minivan after a collision with a deer, but still played their show with The Wonder Years that night. (Dare I say this is karma for their beef with Jarrod Alonge? No, karma isn’t real!!)
- It looks like there’s going to be a Relient K Halloween EP.
- The first Download 2017 band announcement is going to be on Thursday. Because of how close it is to Nova Rock, we might be able to expect some of those bands to crop up, so start getting excited!
- Mallory Knox are up to something, based on those new Twitter header and profile pictures…
- Creeper did a cool thing on the radio, which resulted in them covering ‘We Don’t Believe What’s On TV’ by twenty one pilots.
- Waterparks teamed up with Pandora to stream ‘Double Dare’ before its release. UK stream coming on Monday…
- AFI came back and proved just how edgy they are by announcing ‘AFI (The Blood Album)’.
- There’s also exciting live performances by Enter Shikari, Deaf Havana and Puppy on Daniel P Carter’s Radio 1 Rock Show this Sunday.
- Some fans got engaged on stage at an Avenged Sevenfold show! Awwh.