It’s almost like I predicted that this was going to be a topic, because when I revamped the blog a couple of months ago I started a ‘First Phrase’ section to showcase the first sentences of novels. That means I had lots to choose from for this Top Five Wednesday!
5) ‘Don’t Even Think About It’ by Sarah Mlynowski
4) ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ by Stephen Chbosky
I’m writing to you because she said you listen and understand and you didn’t try to sleep with that person at that party even though you could have.’
3) ‘Fangirl’ by Rainbow Rowell
2) ‘Beautiful Broken Things’ by Sara Barnard
1) ‘Cross Stitch’ (aka Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon
I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! What are your favourite first sentences?