(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)
At the start of the year I posted a list of my most anticipated releases for the first half of 2016, so as we’re entering this later part of the year it’s time to give you another ten books that I’m really excited to read.
10) ‘Frost Like Night’ by Sara Raasch
9) ‘Our Chemical Hearts’ by Krystal Sutherland
I will be honest, I started becoming interested in this one because of the cover with the beautiful fishes. I’m not sure if it’s going to be a story that I enjoy, as it seems to be about people falling in love and trying to fix each other, and that’s never a good thing to do.
I’ll find out how I feel about it for sure when it comes out on the 4th of October.
8) ‘What’s a Girl Gotta Do?’ by Holly Bourne
7) ‘Heartless’ by Marissa Meyer
There have been plenty of Alice in Wonderland retellings over the years, but have any of them focused on the Queen of Hearts and exactly how she came to be so evil?
‘Heartless’ is released towards the end of November.
6) ‘Strange the Dreamer’ by Laini Taylor
5) ‘The Fate of the Tearling’ by Erika Johansen
4) ‘Crooked Kingdom’ by Leigh Bardugo
3) ‘The Shadow Hour’ by Melissa Grey
‘The Girl at Midnight’ was one of the most exciting debuts I read last year, and I’m dying for ‘The Shadow Hour’ to be released. The release date has already been pushed back, as it was originally due out in April, but I need to find out what happens to Echo and the gang next!
If the release date doesn’t get changed again, ‘The Shadow Hour’ will be out July 12th.
2) ‘This Savage Song’ by Victoria Schwab
1) ‘Nothing Tastes as Good’ by Claire Hennessy