(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)
A couple of weeks ago, Top Five Wednesday was focused on five summer reads, but I had so many books to choose from that it was beyond difficult to cut it down to a mere five.
That means that choosing ten beach reads is brilliant: you don’t go to the beach in winter, so these books are also great for summer enjoyment.
10) ‘Girl Online’ by Zoe Sugg
While I didn’t exactly love this book, I still think it’s brilliant for a summer read: it’s set at Christmas, but it’s a light-hearted and quick read that will brighten up a summer afternoon.
9) ‘Lola and the Boy next Door’ by Stephanie Perkins
8) ‘Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between’ by Jennifer E. Smith
If you’re on a beach, you’re not likely to be attending summer camp: this way you can do both!
6) ‘This Raging Light’ by Estelle Laure
Estelle Laure’s debut deals with a difficult subject – Lucille’s mum leaves town and abandons her, leaving her to look after her little sister Wren – but it’s also very beautiful. With a bright cover like this, everyone at the beach will want to know more about the book in your hands.
5) ‘The Truth About You and Me’ by Amanda Grace
If you watch Pretty Little Liars and you’re a hardcore Ezria shipper, you will fall head over heels in love with this tale of forbidden student/teacher love. Expect a happy ending, but not a traditional one…
4) ‘Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda’ by Becky Albertalli
3) ‘This Is Where It Ends’ by Marieke Nijkamp
2) ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’ by Patrick Ness
1) ‘The Art of Being Normal’ by Lisa Williamson
I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday! If I can make it to the beach this year what books should I try to read?