I’m sure you can agree that some books are just too scary to touch. They’re huge, and menacing, and they genuinely look as if they could eat your face off while you read them. Or you’ve heard so many amazing things about them that you’re worried: what if you don’t like the book, and you get ostracized from the bookish community?!
These five books cause me no end of problems.
5) ‘Good Omens’ by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
4) ‘A Darker Shade of Magic’ by Victoria Schwab
3) ‘Les Misérables’ by Victor Hugo
2) ‘Throne of Glass’ by Sarah J. Maas
“But Alyce, you have to read this series!”
“I’m sure you’ll love them, just try them!”
Similar reasons to ‘A Darker Shade of Magic’ on this one, but also I’ve heard dreadful things about the later books in the series, so I don’t really want to commit.
1) ‘War and Peace’ by Leo Tolstoy