We’ve all been there. You’re reading a book that you’re absolutely loving: the protagonist is great, the world building is inspiring and the plot is absolutely captivating. You’re sure it’s going to be the best book you’ve ever read!
And then the awful love interest comes bounding in and messes everything up.
You can’t understand why anyone would fall in love with them, because they have no redeeming qualities and they have the emotional depth of a puddle.
Who am I talking about, you ask?
5) Augustus Waters, ‘The Fault In Our Stars’
4) Tris Prior, the Divergent trilogy
3) Edward “I watch you while you sleep” Cullen, the Twilight saga
2) Stefan Salvatore, The Vampire Diaries
1) Malyen Oretsev, The Grisha trilogy