We’ve all been there: judge a book by its cover and end up severely disappointed.
I’m there more often than I’d care to admit, because – I’m not going to lie – I read most of the books I read because of their covers, not in spite of them!
So these are the five books that have disappointed me most, and have the most beautiful covers in the history of ever.
5) The Beautiful Dead series by Eden Maguire
4) ‘Marly’s Ghost’ by David Levithan
3) ‘Only We Know’ by Simon Packham
This would probably come in my top ten covers of all time – it’s so gorgeous, and the butterfly and the caterpillar signify the change in the characters and the metamorphosis they go through, so it’s very metaphorical (plus a very pretty shade of green) – but it’s also one of the most disappointing (and aggravating) books I’ve ever read.
2) ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ by John Green
1) ‘Severed Heads, Broken Hearts’/’The Beginning of Everything’ by Robyn Schneider